Thursday, June 6, 2013

Whales Around Wales

Yesterday my old friend and I were sharing a bag Whale Tail Tortilla Chips when he held a chip up, looked at it, and said, "You know, just last summer I visited Wales."
Except I thought he meant, "I visited whales."  And I thought that was pretty cool.  "Like Seaworld?"  I said, "Or did you go whale-watching?"
"Nah, man."  He shook his head.  "Wales.  United Kingdom.  It's west of England.  I had fish and chips, but I like these fish chips better."  He scooped the salsa with the Whale Tail and laughed.
But I was kinda bummed out.  "So you didn't see any whales?"
"No, but I liked visiting Wales.  I don't know if any whales swim around there."
Which got me thinking, as I looked at the crashing waves.  Are there whales jumping and diving and being awesome around Wales?  Can I visit Wales and visit whales at the same time?  Did the people of Wales name themselves after the free-spirited whales and just can't spell?
Normally I don't do "research" or "reading" but for this I just had to know.  I found out that no, the Welsh aren't named after whales (lame), but on the coast there are whales!  Whales in Wales is actually real.  Mind blown.  Earth is awesome.  Whales (and Wales) rule.
But dude, what species?  I got you covered, bro.  Minke and Pilot whales like to hang out by Wales in the summer, while Fin and Killer whales only drop in and wave a fin every once in a while.  Welsh people also see dolphins, seals, and sharks!  When did Wales become totally rad?
Wait, Wales was always totally rad, because it sounds like whales, and has actual whales.  Just let it hang.  I've already done too much thinking for today, so I'm celebrating the coolness of Wales with Whale Tail Tortilla Chips.  Makes sense to me.
If you want to know more about whales or about our product, contact us today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment